Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Gone

Been there. Gone, that is. Two weeks ago my computer crashed. Then crashed again, and again....ad nauseum. Finally discovered it was my old friend AOL that was causing it.

Now, I have been using AOL as an ISP since they started. That's a long time. The last few years, it has gotten to be something of a drag, but I stayed with it because I was used to it and I had a lot of stuff saved there.

I have been on cable a couple of years, but kept AOL for the above reasons. When it started crashing, I removed the AOL program from my computer. Voila'. It worked. Faster, better, and no crashes. So I reloaded AOL to try to recover the files I had saved. Crash!

Goodbye AOL, and goodbye all those old files I had scrupulously saved over long years. Sigh.

I have no idea why AOL was causing the crashes, but do know that removing the program from my computer makes it run far better. Time to move on.

I recognize that for a blog to get readers, one must post with some regularity. I have a few ideas, and will be posting more frequently now that I am used to my new setup.

I am done for a while on immigration. It will be back, but later. I will have some ideas about relaxing, and dogs, and crime. Among other things. There are lots of interesting subjects out there that need to be addressed. I will try to do that....in my own time, of course. I am retired, after all.

No comments: