Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Restarting


After a year and a half absence, I had the idea I should put my thoughts on things down, so I hunted up my old blog, and here I am.

The grand project that I was writing just kind of petered out. It occurred to me that every decade was much the same, except it kept getting worse.. So I lost my momentum.....and my interest in the subject. My apologies.

What is now occurring in our body politic is rather extraordinary, and I hope to put down some ideas about it over the next while.

I will refer back to my blog on June 15, 2014. In that post I mentioned the problem with money in politics, and pointed out that nobody seemed to care as long as they got their "stuff."

Obviously, this year people have started to care about the two parties and their directions. A lot of Democrats want a lot more stuff, so we have Bernie Sanders doing well. On the other hand, voter on the Republican side are tired of sending people to Congress to change things and having them stymied by the old order, or co-opted by it. So we have Donald Trump.

This will provide plenty to muse about the rest of the year.

But enough for today. It's nap time.

No comments: